Friday, December 21, 2007

Day 1 Florida Vacation Xmas 2007

This will be my attempt at creating a blog. The purpose is for friends and family to be able to keep up to date with what we are doing and where we are travelling to. I hope you enjoy. Well the first thing I must do is make the font larger so that you can read it. Ok, I think it needs to be even larger because I can barely read it. My eyes must be getting bad.



So, where should I start with this blog. How about with my first road trip.


Back in December 2007, Karen and I drove to Florida for our first winter vacation. We left Ontario on Dec 21 and arrived at the Georgia-Florida border on Dec 24. It was quite a drive from Ontario, considering that I have not driven south of Perkinsfield for 20 some years, this was a whole new experience. The US interstate system is a little nerve wracking when you are used to driving on rural country roads. It took a while, but I finally got used to the highway speeds in excess of 80 MPH just to keep up with the flow of traffic.

Here we are entering Florida and the photo was taken at the I-75 Florida Rest Area.








We arrived at our hotel in Orlando later in the afternoon. We stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn.




I will add more photos and descriptions to this tomorrow, it is late now.
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment