Saturday, July 27, 2013

Sleepy Cedar Campground - Ottawa


Slept in again, we are getting up later and later each day.  This morning it was 10am before we rolled out of bed.  Had our coffee and tea and checked our emails and played our online games.  We had a late breakfast and the headed off to do some shopping.

I wanted to check out one of the local RV stores so that is where we headed.  RV Canada here in Ottawa has a nice store and we spent a half hour browsing up and down the aisles.  Picked up a few things that we needed and then we were gone.  They don’t have what I am looking for.

6878 Ottawa Prince of Wales Dr - RV Canada

I am specifically looking for a Tire Pressure Monitoring System, or otherwise known as a TPMS.  I always wonder about my tire pressures, even though I check the tires with a tire thumper, I don’t know what the pressure is.  It is a bit of a chore to check the pressure with a tire pressure gauge as I have to take off the hubcaps to do so.  I could put on valve extensions, but the tire experts do not recommend the use of valve stem extensions as they tend to leak.  So I am definitely interested in getting the TPMS so that I can see at a glance on the monitor screen what my tire pressures are.  

After leaving RV Canada we stopped at Canadian Tire, they didn’t have any TPMS’s nor did Princess Auto or Wal-Mart.

I remember our blogging friend Nick has a TPMS’s so when I got back to our motorhome, I fired off a quick message through Facebook to him and shortly after, Nick replied with the information that I was looking for.  He told me the system that he uses and exactly who to order it from online.   Thanks Nick.

We hung out at the motorhome till 4:30 pm.  We have been invited over to Anne and Jims apartment for a home made lasagne dinner.  This is Jim’s secret recipe lasagne that Karen has been raving about since Jim made it for her the last time she visited them in Ottawa over 10 years ago.  That was the first thing Karen asked Jim when we saw them a week ago, if he would be making his lasagne for her?

We got to their apartment by 5:00 pm and visited for a bit, then the delicious lasagne was served.  Along with garlic bread, the meal was scrumptious.

We stayed and visited till about 8pm when we said our good nights.

Back at the motorhome for the evening, write the blog and go to bed.  Night Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment