Thursday, June 13, 2013

New Tires – OUCH !!


After checking around and pricing tires for the motorhome, we decided to purchase them from The Tire Buster near Waverley ON.
They did not have any in stock, but Jason was able to find some and was able to get them shipped to him the next day.
I ordered 7 (We are also replacing the spare) 245/70R19.5 XRV. These are RV specific tires and at $450.00 each they are not cheap. I could have chosen cheaper tires, there are lots of Chinese manufactured tires on the market for 1/2 the price, but I didn’t think that it is a wise decision to go cheap on the tires. You want to have good rubber under you.

I arrived at 8am and they got right to the task at hand. They had the motorhome up on jacks, and the tires off in no time.

clip_image002 clip_image004

There were 3 guys working simultaneously on getting the tires off the motorhome, getting the old tires off the rims, remounting the new tires on the rims, balancing the tires and then mounting those back onto the motorhome.  I also had the old rubber valve stems replaced with new brass valve stems.

clip_image006

By 9am, (1 hour later) the new tires were on the motorhome and the spare tire was in the spare tire bin.

clip_image008

I paid the bill (OUCH !!) and was on my way. I felt an immediate sense of relief driving along with the new tires under me. It was always in the back of my mind that we were driving around on tires that were well past their expiry date. Sure, a blowout can occur no matter the age of the tires, but it is not as likely to happen with the new tires.

If you ever need any tires and are in this neck of the woods, I can highly recommend Jason and Tire Busters. They will do what it takes to get you back on the road.  Thanks Jason, see you in 6 years when I will need new tires again.

To see the photos taken from today, you can find them on our FLICKR site.

No comments:

Post a Comment