Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 5 Caribbean Vacation Xmas 2009

Today is our second full day at sea. We went to the Palm Springs Cafe around 8:00 am for breakfast and then back to our room. I lay down to read but promptly fell asleep and did not awake until 1:00 pm. At that time we went for lunch in the Manhattan Restaurant. After lunch, I lay down to read some more and fell asleep again until 3:30pm I guess I am catching up on some long lost sleep.

We went to the Cova Cafe with my laptop to check emails and then went back to our room where I tried to read some more but again I fell asleep. While I was sleeping, Karen walked around the ship with the camera and took some more photos.

The wind was picking up and the sky was clouding over. We can feel the ships motion more now than in the past 2 days. Because it is so cloudy and the wind has been steadily picking up, no one is out by the pool relaxing.

Here are some of the photos that Karen took.

7510 La Playa Pool Area Celebrity Mercury

Here is a look at the stern wake and a look out to sea.

7502 Stern Wake Celebrity Mercury7507 Stern Wake Celebrity Mercury7497 At Sea Celebrity Mercury

There was no sunset this evening, the cloud cover is too thick. We are hoping for a nice sunny day tomorrow. We are far out to sea, probably parallel to the southern tip of Florida and by morning we hope to see the sun so that we can relax by the pool instead of in our room.

For dinner this evening we went to the Italian Cafe and had a nice spaghetti dinner.

There is a singer tonight after dinner in the Celebrity Theatre, but we are going to pass on that event.

To see all of the photos taken today, please visit my FLICKR site

No comments:

Post a Comment