Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 3 Summer 2011 Road Trip

Awake early and after a quick breakfast at the hotel we are back on the Interstate heading South to Florida.

As we exit I-26 and get onto I-95 heading South into Georgia, we start seeing and smelling smoke. You can see this in the photos we took.

7669 I-95 South, South Carolina just before Georgia state line

We have now entered Georgia and we stop at the Welcome Center for a break.

7673 I-95 South, Georgia Welcome Center 7677  I-95 South, Georgia Welcome Center 7678  I-95 South, Georgia Welcome Center

The smoke in the area gets worse the further South we drive. We found out that wild fires burning in nearby Hinesville GA are causing the haze and smoke as we drive through this part of Georgia.

7680 I-95 South, Georgia smoke 7681 I-95 South, Georgia smoke

The air clears as we cross the State line into Florida. We stopped at the Welcome Center for an ice cold glass of fresh Florida Orange Juice and to pick up some maps and brochures related to our stay in Titusville Florida.

7688 I-95 South, Florida Welcome Center 7689 I-95 South, Florida Welcome Center

Karen took these photos of a Crape Myrtle Tree at the Welcome Center.

7691 I-95 South, Florida Welcome Center crape myrtle tree 7692 I-95 South, Florida Welcome Center crape myrtle tree

The I-95 South Bridges in Jacksonville FL and the Jacksonville skyline.

7693 I-95 South bridges, Jacksonville, Florida 7694 I-95 South bridges, Jacksonville, Florida 7696 Jacksonville, Florida skyline from I-95 South

Of course, this is the Daytona Beach off ramp.

7702 I-95 South, Daytona Beach, Florida 7704  I-95 South, Daytona Beach, Florida

Then a few miles later we pull off I-95 and drive to our hotel in Titusville Florida. Time to get out of the car and have some dinner.

To see all of our photos from today you can find them by clicking this link to our FLICKR site.

No comments:

Post a Comment