Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 37 Summer Vacation 2009

On Day 37 last summer we were driving back into Ontario heading for home. We are just leaving Washington State on Day 37 this summer and heading into Idaho. We will be in Idaho briefly as we cross the panhandle and then enter Montana. A brief visit still counts as a visit, and I can add Idaho and Montana States to our Visited States Map.

VisitedStatesMaps

We were welcomed into Idaho by this welcome sign.

5201 Welcome to Idaho

The Interstate follows a large river as we drive across the Idaho Panhandle, lots of big trees and rock cliffs.

5204 View from I-90 between Couer d'Alene & Kellog ID5207 View from I-90 between Couer d'Alene & Kellog ID5208 View from I-90 between Couer d'Alene & Kellog ID

We were welcomed into Montana by this sign.

5218 Welcome to Montana

Montana’s state slogan is Big Sky Country. We saw lots of big blue sky as we drove across the State to as far as Gardiner Montana.

For an Interstate, I-90 through Montana is very scenic. Here are some samples of the scenery that we saw.

5220 View from I-90 between Montana Border and St Regis MT5223 View from I-90 between Montana Border and St Regis MT5231 View from I-90 between St Regis & Missoula MT

5233 View from I-90 between St Regis & Missoula MT5239 View from I-90 between St Regis & Missoula MT5259 View from I-90 Missoula MT

And some samples of the big sky that gives this State its nickname.

5306 View from I-90 between Garrison & Butte MT5312 View from I-90 between Garrison & Butte MT

We arrived in Gardiner Montana around 7pm after a long day of driving, but that puts us in a good position for our next two days as we visit Yellowstone National Park. The North entrance to the Park is only 1 mile south of Gardiner MT.

To see all of our photos from today, you can see them on my FLICKR site.

No comments:

Post a Comment